Friday, July 29, 2011

My new exemption from must have list

So the other day I have posted a link of the things I want to buy for my baby. Only the essentials that I need to bring when labor day comes. When I got home and opened the items, I realized that there are still a lot of stuff missing. Sure I got the hospital bag covered but what about when our baby arrives at home?

So here are the things I bought so far:


Since Im a new mom I have not covered yet my baby's daily clothing, bathing and more... Hayz... To think I have already spent about three thousand for just a few things. Im thinking I'll just bring my mom next time to the department store so she can buy new stuff for the baby instead of me paying for them. I know grandma will delighted to do so. Hehe.

I have been browsing online and really determined to do breastfeeding I have decided to exclude this:


image from Google search
The reason:

http://thelazymama.net/2009/11/04/pacifier-holder/

Indicated in the post are the reasons why it should be avoided. I've decided not to because
  • Babies who use pacifiers are getting that need to suck met with something other than the breast, and therefore may decide to give up breastfeeding sooner than if they did not take a pacifier. 
  • Prolonged pacifier use can result in teeth misalignment, and can also occasionally lead to shaping of the soft palate or speech problems. 
  • Giving baby a pacifier will increase mom's chances of ovulating and getting pregnant. Exclusive breastfeeding, depending upon your breastfeeding frequency and other factors, is a method of birth control that can be more than 98% effective during the first 6 months and 94% effective during the second six months. Ensuring that all of baby's sucking needs are met at the breast increases the effectiveness of this method of contraception. (This I also learned from seminar.)
Good thing I found this site. =)

Going back to my expenses,


182
-20  tricycle fare
-  8  jeepney fare
-  8  half rice
----
146

Yehey! I think I can still make it until tomorrow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment