Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chuck's Deli from Pakyaw

Hi mommies! So I think I will really go beyond my budget for this week. Luckily when I woke up and opened my email, I received an alert from Pakyaw.com.ph that I have a pending voucher to be used. This will expire on Sunday. Just imagine my smile because I knew this was a budget saver for me. Well not actually since I bought the voucher months back. But this was a perfect time to be used since hubby Yin and I havent taken our brunch yet and I need something to take to office with me as baon.


My work starts at 3pm. I got to office around 1:15 to log in. This is to avoid being late. Hurriedly, my husband and I went to Eastwood City to check this restaurant Chuck's Deli. Traffic was heavy on the way going there even though classes was already suspended since 9AM due to typhoon. Right now NCR is under signal #1. I wanted to tell my husband not to go anymore but we havent eaten anything yet and both of us were hungry. From 1:15PM to 2:15PM we got to Eastwood City from Aurora Blvd. It took us an hour. Not sure if this is the usual travel time but I think the traffic really got most  of our time.


Upon entering the restaurant, it was warm and cozy. At first it was only the two of us there and the staff was very accommodating. I presented the voucher I printed and only to find out that I got the wrong page copied. But with luck always on our side, the staff said I could just present my ID for verification. Good thing that was enough since my name was really listed on their info sheet.

Then came one of the hardest part for me, choosing which sandwich to buy. I'm always torn among different choices. In the end I settled for the Chukatsu 1 slab. I asked for this to be cut in to four bite slices. My husband chose Chuck's burger. The serving is big enough to fill a big tummy too. Even Yin said, nabigla ata tiyan ko. Hehe.





The voucher I bought is good for 5 people. Since there was only the two of us, we can only use 2 as per T&C. The voucher is a 50% off of any of their item. From 300 to 150. Not bad right? I love group buying. Hehe.

The total amount we consumed was:

Chukatsu               -  445
Chuck's burger       -  265
extra cheese         -   45
SC approx.            -   20
                            ______
                               775
2 vouchers              -600
                            ______
                               175
Parking fee              - 40
                            ______
                               215


So from yesterday's remaining budget of:

  475
 -215
------
P 260

Mommies, im only on day 2. Do you think I can make it? =)

* all pics from google search

No comments:

Post a Comment